photo credit: mueritz
In this month’s edition of Yankee Magazine (based in Dublin, New Hampshire), Ben Hewitt discusses the pros and cons of the Northern Pass Project in an article titled: “Battle Lines: The Northern Pass Energy Project”
The Northern Pass project, a proposed 180-mile corridor of towering transmission lines across New Hampshire, has galvanized protesters’ anger. The issues the project raises are questions of property rights, power, and profit. Who, ultimately, determines the fate of a region?
As you may recall, Ben Hewitt is the author of the book “The Town That Food Saved” which chronicles the economic development model of Hardwick, Vermont. We highly recommend it.
Also be sure to check out our other Northern Pass resources:
- Top 5 reasons to Support or Oppose Proposed “Northern Pass” Transmission Line
- Northern Pass Mailer
- Northern Pass Mailer II: Jobs
- Northern Pass Mailer III: Investing in Local Communities
- Better Towers for Northern Pass
- On the Trail of Northern Pass