As part of our weekly building history series, today we take a look at the Pittsfield Bank in Pittsfield, New Hampshire:
The first bank in Pittsfield was chartered in 1850. Its offices opened in the old Pinkam Hotel on this site the following year. In 1865 it became a national bank. In 1884 it moved across the park into the new Opera House Block where Electa Goss’ became its president in 1916, on of only two female bank presidents in the U.S. In 1974 the bank repurchased this site and erected the present building.
Source: Building Plaque