As part of our weekly building history series, today we take a look at the Opera House Block in Pittsfield, New Hampshire:
“Built by Charles H. Lane in 1883, this building was originally three stories high. The first floor contained business establishments including Henry Osgood’s furniture store. His famous photographic studio was located on part of the second floor, which was removed in 1963, served as the town’s social center for nearly 75 years. Its huge hall was the site of operas, plays, concerts, banquets, roller skating races, basketball games and high school graduations.”
Source: Building Plaque.