As part of our building history series, today we take a look at the Tuttle Block in Pittsfield, New Hampshire:
In 1854 the old Calvinist Baptist Church was reconstructed on this site, raised and stores built underneath. Known as the Central Block, it housed Dr. Mack’s famous apothecary shop which contained the public library. All were destroyed in the great conflagration of 1873. The following year, H. A. Tuttle constructed the present building for his clothing business, which later employed 24 people and conducted business in 13 states.
Source: Building Plaque