“The library was built in 1950 on the grounds of the Luliwood Estate. The fountain which was part of the original estate Is a memorial to Col. Oliver Lull who lost his life in the Civil War. The library trust fund was created by Fannie Boynton Wadleigh in memory of her husband. The new addition tripling the size of the library was opened In 1986.
The library is fully automated and uses current technology to supplement a broad collection of books, videos, magazines. tapes and CDs. Use of the library has doubled since 1986. Historical features of interest include the 0. W. Lull History Room, the Worcester collections of town histories. the conserved scrapbooks of the famous Hutchinson family singers and microfilms of local newspapers dating from 1796. The library also has numerous old town records including the original 1794 record book.”
Source: Milford Historical Society