Today we take a look at Pittsfield Academy in Pittsfield, New Hampshire:
“In 1830 the prestigious Pittsfield Academy was erected on land donated by James Joy. It served over 2,000 pupils before closing in 1890. Teachers included such notables as James Frederick Joy and Judge Lewis Clark. Famous attendees included Judge John M. Berry, John Cate French, Col. Thomas W. Knox and John Swett. In 1892 the wooden building was torn down and a brick high school, funded largely by J. Wilson White, was erected in its place. Closed in 1942, the property was then donated by Herbert Dustin to Corinthian Lodge #82 Free and Accepted Masons.”
Source: Building Plaque
Note how the bottom windows have been reduced . . . shameful!