The Journal Opinion reported that a fire started in the Richardson building (35 Bank Street) in Bradford, Vermont after a lightning strike. The surge from the lightning caused wires in the attic to overheat and catch fire. Fortunately no one was hurt and the fire was subdued without much damage beyond the third floor. This building is one of the most distinctive in Bradford and the town would have suffered a huge loss had the building been destroyed. We thank the efforts of all the firefighters who helped save this building.
We also notice awhile back that the building is also for sale at $340,000.