U.S. Post Office and Courthouse: Littleton, New Hampshire

Picture of U.S. Post Office and Courthouse in Littleton, New Hampshire

U.S. Post Office and Courthouse in Littleton, New Hampshire

Today we take a look at the U.S. Post Office and Courthouse located in Littleton, New Hampshire:

“This marble-fronted edifice has been the town’s Post Office since February 14, 1935.  The mansion of Dr. William J. Beattie (1865 – 1913), a founder of Littleton Hospital, had occupied the site before construction  of this Georgian Revival masterpiece began in 1933.  The town was home to one of two federal courts in the state, and Judge of the First U.S. District Court, George F. Morris (1866 – 1953), insisted on elegant details in this federal project.  For nearly 40 years, U.S. court was held where the local district court now resides, in a building that subtly unites a century of Main Street motifs; soaring spires, masterful masonry and proud colonnades.”

Source: Building Plaque

Please add your thoughtful comment . . .