Chutter Block: Littleton, New Hampshire

      No Comments on Chutter Block: Littleton, New Hampshire
Picture of Chutter Block in Littleton, New Hampshire

Chutter Block in Littleton, New Hampshire

Today we take a look at the Chutter Block which is located in Littleton, New Hampshire:

“On this site in 1867, the Kilburn Brothers built a stereograph factory.  When production moved to Cottage Street in 1873, the structure became the Dow Store, then, in 1883, the White Store owned by Rev Frederick Chutter, former pastor (1887 – 1890) of the Congregational Church.  Around 1900, he moved the building to Pleasant Street and erected this block.  Chutter (1857 – 1939) was called back tot he ministry, leaving this comely Romanesque facade to host retailers such as F.W. Woolworth’s, and Parker Drug Stores, Inc.  In 1995, Carol and Mike Hamilton opened the restored and renovated Chutter General Store.  In July 2000, Chutter’s was honored with inclusion in the Guiness Book of Records as the home of ‘The world’s longest continuous candy counter.'”

Source: Building Plaque

Please add your thoughtful comment . . .